Kaitlin Krumeich and George Leroy Hunter were at Morristown's Got Talent!, providing in-depth coverage of the grand event.
Kaitlin sent us texts periodically throughout the evening, telling us how the big competition was shaping up. We'll have expanded coverage Thursday, but see below for the play-by-play. And don't forget to check out our profiles of all the talent in "Talent!"
9:55 p.m.: The performances just ended. We're waiting for the judge's scores.
9:39 p.m.: Dermot McPeake really engaged the crowd in his performance of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon.
9:21 p.m.: The Peter Smith Irish Dancers performance started out with soft shoes, but about half were in hard shoes by the end of the dance.
8:56 p.m.: Some audience members just gave Imperfect Paradise a standing ovation–they played Green Day's "Holiday."
8:30 p.m.: The crowd is clapping along as Jasmin Serrano sings "Grenade," by Bruno Mars. Lauren Schulman is accompanying on guitar.
Back to Kaitlin Krumeich, 8:18 p.m.: Keisha Johnson-Mendoza just gave a commanding performance of "I Won't Complain."
Special Guest Text from Fellow MGT Attendee Lauren Hedinger: I used to babysit for the girl that just sang! Catherine Rothweiler. (Would you mind being quoted on the website?) Sure.
8:00 p.m.: Brad Marullo's students were calling out, "Mr. Marullo!" as soon as he was called to the stage!
7:49 p.m.: The crowd is loving beatboxer Joey Gatto.
7:31 p.m.: Jenny Shih is up next.
7:27 p.m.: First up, Anne Marie Jarka-Hajjar and her angels.
7:23 p.m.: Guy Adami, Karen Notare, Jonathan Pierce and Blair Reinhard.
7:17 p.m.: No performances yet, the four judges were just introduced.
7:08 p.m.: The show is just starting now, just a bit late.
7:05 p.m.: Contestant Catherine Rothweiler's mother says Catherine still is not nervous at all. And, councilwoman Rebecca Feldman says the show is definitely sold out.
6:35 p.m.: I'm here at MGT and it's already packed!
Our earlier note on the show:
You know what they say about leaving things to last minute. Well, we're not sure what they say, but we say that, if you do leave things to the last minute, you're bound to get left behind.
Such is the case with the fourth-annual Morristown's Got Talent! event, going on tonight at 7 p.m. at The Community Theatre. Tickets started at $20, but those are looong gone, with only the $75 "premium orchestra" seats still available.
But, fear not, procrastinators! There are still ways you can enjoy the event from the comfort of your, uh, computer? Well, that's one way. And, there are others. Read on!
- You Need to Know Morristown Patch Will Be There: Photographer George Leroy Hunter and writer Kaitlin Krumeich will be at the gala event tonight, so be sure to check out all of their great coverage.
- You Need to Know Morristown Patch Has Been All Over This: We have been profiling the competitors now for a couple weeks, and will have a couple more rounding out the coverage today. Take a look at all of the profiles and wish everyone the best of luck!
- You Need to Know We'll Be Keeping Tabs From Here: While Kaitlin and George will be in the thick of it, we'll have updated coverage as the event unfolds. So, be sure to keep coming back to the site (unless you're actually at Morristown's Got Talent! tonight, then I guess we'll allow you a moment not to come here) to find out how things are going down.
- You Need to Know Zebu Forno is the Place to Be After the Event: The after-party will be going on as soon as the show is over, and will run until midnight. As Dermot McPeake says, "we'll sing the night away." You can't miss that!
- You Need to Know a $75 Ticket is Still a Ticket: And, remember, proceeds from Morristown's Got Talent! benefit the Morris Educational Foundation. So, don't think of it as an expensive ticket, think of it as a very generous donation.