Christmas Concerts, Meetings and More This Week
Also, the Morristown and Morris Township Library to hold 'Downton Abbey' event on Thursday.
It's no surprise this week, the first for December 2012, features several Christmas-themed events. But, forgive our ignorance: What's "Downton Abbey?"
- 'World Roundup:' The FDU Public Affairs Lecture Series continues Monday at 2:15 p.m. at the Morris Museum with Ralph Buultjens, adjunct professor for the Center for Global Affairs at New York University School of Continuing and Professional Studies. $10 for walk-ins.
- Meetings, Meetings, Meetings: Whether you're in Morristown, Morris Township or Morris Plains, there's government work to be done and to observe this week. Morristown: Morristown Parking Authority, Tuesday, 5 p.m.; Zoning Board of Adjustment, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.; Planning Board, Thursday, 7:30 p.m. (among agenda items at this meeting is the recently-introduced CVS plan); Morris Township: Planning Board, Monday, 7:30 p.m.; Morris Plains: Borough Council, Thursday, 7:30 p.m.
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas at MPAC: At least a pair of performances this week would indicate as much. Whether it's Dave Koz & Friends presenting "A Smooth Jazz Christmas" on Wednesday or Paul Anka doing "Christmas: My Way" on Thursday, you have yuletide options.
- Get Your Music at Noon—at 12:15: That's when flutist Carla Auld will present on Thursday a 30-minute recital of seasonal favorites and American folktunes. The music is free, a light lunch selection will cost $7.
- What the Heck is 'Downton Abbey?' If you're asking that, or already know and want to spread the love, head to the Morristown and Morris Township Library at 7 p.m. Thursday for "Tempest in a Teapot: An Introduction to all of the Buzz of Downton Abbey." Period costume encouraged, but not required.