Getting Into the Volunteer Spirit
There are many opportunities, and we want to include yours.
The folks at Morristown & Morris Township Public Library know idle hands can be the devil's playground. That is why they are holding a summer volunteer meeting at 7 p.m. tonight for kids in grades 6-12.
But, our (lucky) summer vacationers are not the only ones who can get into the volunteer spirit of things in Morristown. There are opportunities for the rest of us, too, including the following five, which all can be found on this site in the "Volunteer" section above. Have a volunteer opportunity that we haven't listed? Then add it!
- You Need to Know About Morristown Medical Center: We were surprised to learn just how many volunteers help make the hospital run day-in-day-out, from flower delivery (which, we got to try out last fall), to a lot of the people you see at the front desk. Ever wanted to work at a hospital?
- You Need to Know About the American Red Cross: The American Red Cross of Northern New Jersey is always seeking volunteers, including for its Disaster Action Team. Training is provided free of charge, and there always is a need for more volunteers.
- You Need to Know About the Market Street Mission: The Mission, providing counseling and rehabilitation programs for substance abusers, has many volunteer programs available, including food drives, coat drives, food distribution and more.
- You Need to Know About Family Service of Morris County: As the Spanish-language population grows, so does the need for Spanish-language translators. If you know Spanish and want to help, Family Service of Morris County would like to talk to you (in English or Spanish).
- You Need to Know About Macculloch Hall: Like history? Like to talk about history? Then, you might want to consider inquiring with Macculloch Hall about becoming a tour volunteer. If you're the type that loves history but actually really prefer to be an office assistant than a docent, well, they have an opportunity for you, as well.