Making 'Gran Cantina' Official, Wonderful Toys at Council Meeting
Morristown Town Council meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall.
Tuesday night's Town Council meeting should be a hefty one, considering it's the first post-Sandy. Check out a few of the items in greater detail, and be sure to check out the entire agenda, which is included with this post.
- SNAP to it: Anyone familiar with Morris Township resident Zachary Certner knows this Morristown High School junior has big ideas. The co-founder and president of SNAP (Special Needs Athletic and Awareness Programs), which provides autistic children with sports clinics to improve their social and athletic skills, will present his program during the council meeting. This presentation was rescheduled from the October council meeting.
- Keep it Brief: An ordinance to change the rate for nine 12-hour time meters to one-and-a-half hour meters near the Morristown Train Station is set for second reading and adoption.
- Making it Official: While the Town Council, acting as the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission already held a meeting regarding the place-to-place liquor license transfer for Iron Bar and the Gran Cantina Mexican concept, the resolution approving the application is expected to officially be voted on at Tuesday's meeting.
- Where Do They Get Those Wonderful Toys? Apparently from Samsung Electronics America, which the town is expected to accept in the form of 10 Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablets, "which will allow the Town Council to use new technology to improve government efficiency and demonstrate commitment to environmental and sustainability goals," according to the agenda.
- Under 'New Business:' Several town appointed positions are open for interested citizens, including on the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Morristown Parking Authority and Rent Leveling Board. Interested?