Morristown for Sale: Hipster Heaven, Fahrvergnügen
What do you want? Your neighbors have it.
Happy July, Craigslist buyers and sellers! As the season gets hotter and hotter, so do the items up for sale. Theater seats? Billiard balls? Free eyeglass cases?! Yes, please.
- Bringing the Theater Experience Home: C'mon, people already have the televisions and sound systems to rival movie theaters. Why not go whole hog and get the seats? This seller has five vintage movie theater seats on sale for $300. Now, all you need is the overpriced popcorn and soda.
- Not Ready to Invest in the Real Thing? If you've eyed a Volkswagen but aren't ready to take the plunge, you might want to consider this instead. OK, we kid. But, for kids, this 1970s Volkswagen pedal car may mean fahrvergnügen for all. $175 or best offer.
- Balls: Are you a Billiard player looking for a little extra hipster cred? Then, check out this set of vintage, 1960s-era balls, up for sale for $40.
- Speaking of Hipsters: What hipster doesn't love Brooklyn? Then, by degrees, you should fall absolutely gaga for this 1980 painting by Thomas McKnight, titled "Brooklyn Bridge I." Retailing for $1,000 without framing, the seller is asking $800.
- Uh, What? Sometimes, you have to read these listings more than once. Either that, or we're looking for trouble. If you're in a need of an eyeglass case, this Craigslister is offering one up for free.