Music, Theater, Gardening Make Midweek Fun
The first midday concert on the Green keeps the week grooving along nicely.
Wednesdays just got a lot more interesting thanks to the Mayo's outdoor mid-day concerts on the Green
1. You Need to Know About World Music: The Music Without Borders series returns to the Green for its second season. Kicking things off at noon will be Chia's Dance Party, a Colombian-influenced group. In the event of rain, the free concert will be held at the United Methodist Church. Concerts will be held every other Wednesday through Aug. 3, showcasing artists from around the world.
2. You Need to Know Gardening Can Last a Lifetime: Garden writer Sydney Eddison will sign copies of her newest book "Gardening For a Lifetime" at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum and discuss how to garden wiser as you get older. The lecture begins at 1 p.m.
3. You Need to Know About An Evening Run: The Running Company invites runners of all ages and abilities to come out at 6:15 p.m. for a five-mile-run that starts and finishes at the store.
4. You Need to Know About Theater: Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the outdoor stage at the Greek amphitheater at the College of St. Elizabeth. The first preview performance of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" at 8:15 p.m. offers opportunities for reduced-price tickets as an incentive to first-time theatergoers. For those who would otherwise not be able to afford a night at the theatre, the first preview performance is 'Pay What You Can Night.' For more information, call the box office at 973-408-5600.
5. You Need to Know About Trivia: The Side Bar, at The Famished Frog, plays host to a weekly trivia contest. Bring a team and test your knowledge from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.