Nothing About Hurricanes or Power Outages
Did you know September is tomorrow?
You are now entering the "Hurricane and Power Outage Free" zone.
Hey, friends! Did you know tomorrow is the first day of September? Whaaat? Yes, it's true: Summer is almost over. But, just because we'll have to start putting on jackets doesn't mean we have to put on sad faces, too!
To that end, here are five things to look forward to in the coming month:
- You Need to Know About Back to School: Yay (for parents)! Boo (for kids)! Of course, that's a cynical way of looking at it. How about we all look forward September (specifically, to Tuesday, Sept. 6, when our best and brightest start another year in the Morris School District)? Education is FUNdamental (don't worry, parents, we won't let them in on the fact that you're whooping for joy inside). To get you excited, check out this "Back to School" photo gallery we posted last year.
- You Need to Know About Sept. 8: That's opening day of the NFL football season, for all of you pigskin fans out there. Sundays are meant to be enjoyed with a cold beer, some wings and the game on at places like The Frog, Grasshopper off the Green, Hennessey's, Collins' Pub and The Office. If they had not reached an agreement, what else would you be doing on Sunday? Spending time with your family?
- You Need to Know About Gran Fondo NJ: Like the World Series extending into November, there's just something odd about the Gran Fondo being held on Sept. 18. But, hey, things happen (like hurric–oops, forgot we're in the "Hurricane and Power Outage Free" zone). Besides, look at it this way: If you haven't signed up for it yet, now you have a chance!
- You Need to Know About Sept. 23: Specifically, it's the first day of Autumn! Hey, not everyone laments the passing of summer, especially those who prefer their days pleasantly mild and their nights pleasantly cool. Also, we look great in fall fashion.
- You Need to Know Most of September is Still Summer: So, quit your whining, Denise Addis.