So, we were disappointed in the bun choice at Urban Table last week. And, the fries, well ... we won't go into that again. But, the burger? Very, very tasty. Anyone still doing the Atkins Diet is in for a treat.
But, Urban Table certainly isn't the only place carnivores can grab a good burger. Here are five other options in Morristown. We welcome (nay, we expect) heated debate over whose is superior.
- You Need to Know About Grasshopper off the Green: A while back, Morristown Patch stopped into the Grasshopper for the weekly radio program "Inside the Jets," where we watched Dustin Keller being interviewed before we found out he was the type to take sympathy on Girl Scouts. Afterward, we popped downstairs for a burger that was beefy, bluey (it had blue cheese on it) and overall tasty. Not a standout, but we definitely left satisfied.
- You Need to Know About Morristown Diner: It's a diner, so says Vincent Gragnani, one-half of the Morristown Munchies crew. But, he did not have a burger. Still, it is a diner. Diners have burgers. Some good, some ... well. What do you think of their diner standard?
- You Need to Know About The Office: What is it about this place that we love so much? It's not even that it's that great. It's good, but, I don't know ... scrappy? Though we more than often get the Cabo Fish Tacos than their burgers, they hold their own very nicely. And, the restaurant has some really great specials that change throughout the week, including an all-day Happy Hour. Burgers and beer, anyone?
- You Need to Know About The Famished Frog: No-nonsense sliders. These mini-burgers seem to be de rigeur these days, and can be found everywhere. We found the trio of sliders at David Todd's City Tavern to be OK, but perhaps not worth the cost. Vincent Gragnani had a similar experience with the sliders at Sona Thirteen, with the pulled pork among the three the only one leaving him satisfied. The sliders we have had at the Frog after kickball games were your simple burgers on buns–satisfying, unpretentious. Eat them.
- You Need to Know About Muscle Maker Grill: We're curious how good these could possibly be. Any burger afficionado knows fat = flavor. A good burger tends to be a fatty boom batty burger. A place like Muscle Maker Grill is known to want to cut the fat. Still, we're optimistic. We did after all have quite a tasty wrap there, but that was no burger. The jury is out. Thoughts?