This Week: Music, Military, Development
Mark your calendars.
What's up, Morristown? Around here, it's usually a lot. Here are just a few items you'll want to have on your calendars.
- Mommies and their little ones, are invited to a free social hour at the Morristown Jewish Center on Speedwell Avenue. Music, puppetry, crafts, snacks and good times promised Mondays from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Music Without Borders, the free summer concert series on the Green, continues Tuesday at noon with Maurício de Souza and Bossa Brasil.
- As long as it's not boiling outside, head over to Town Hall at noon, where the Bike and Walk Morristown Wednesday walkers meet for a mid-day mile. There also are walks at 8 a.m. Tuesdays and noon on Thursdays.
- Anyone interested in possibly joining the military will want to head to the Morristown Army Recruiting Station at 5 p.m. on Wednesday for a free "Future Soldier Training" meeting.
- On Wednesday, the Zoning Board of Adjustment meets at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall. While this meeting often does not have much of a mass appeal, some may be interested to know one of the items on the agenda includes a request for a use variance, dimensional variances and major site plan to construct a 23-unit apartment building at the corner of Ridgedale and Lafayette avenues.