This Week: Walk, Sit, Attend a Park Dedication
Mark your calendars.
Welcome to July, Morristown!
As summer hits its full stride, many of our various government agencies begin running on their summer schedules. But, that doesn't mean there isn't plenty going on. See below for what is happening this week.
- For those who like their walks early, Bike and Walk Morristown offers an 8 a.m. Tuesday walk every week. Meet up in front of Vail Mansion.
- If you've started your Independence Day celebrations a little early and are in need of a mental pick-me-up, Empty Bowl Zendo holds its regular evening meditation sittings Tuesdays at 6:25 p.m., on the second floor of Church of the Redeemer.
- On Wednesday, the Fourth of July, veterans advocate J. Robert Tracey gets honored by having Veterans Park renamed The J. Robert Tracey Veterans Memorial Park. That begins at 10 a.m. at the park, which is on the corner of South Street and Madison Avenue.
- Do you love books? Do you love talking about books? Then, the Morristown & Morris Township Library is where you will want to be at 7 p.m. Thursday, when the new "Book Lovers Circle" will be meeting.
- If you have been meaning to find a way to volunteer your time, Care One at Madison Avenue invites you to help the seniors at its facility when they play BINGO at 6 p.m. on Friday.