Town Council Meets Tuesday Night
Get up to speed with what's on the agenda.
The Town Council meets for its bi-weekly meeting at 7:30 p.m. tonight, Jan. 24.
As always, let us get you up to speed with what's going on. You also can check out the entire agenda, included with this post.
- You Need to Know About Bethel AME Kitchen Renovation: The Spring Street church was just one of many places negatively affected by Hurricane Irene. A public hearing for a Morris County Community Development Block Grant application for this will be presented at the meeting.
- You Need to Know About 'Advanced Learning:' Darsi Beauchamp, founder and CEO of Advanced Learning and DDB Productions (150-152 Speedwell Ave.) will explain how "Advanced Learning" works with school districts with regard to special education.
- You Need to Know About the 'Alex DeCroce Crime Victim's Bill of Rights:' In honor of Assemblyman Alex DeCroce, who died recently, this resolution would support the renaming of the "Victim's Bill of Rights" legislation in honor of the assemblyman.
- You Need to Know About Pocahantas Dam: A resolution authorizing an application for a Community Development Block Grant for improvements to Pocahontas Dam, in the amount of $80,000, is on the agenda.
- You Need to Know About JCP&L Street Light Report: Councilwoman Alison Deeb brought up an ongoing issue with street lights out around town at the Jan. 10 meeting. It's under "unfinished business" on the Jan. 24 agenda.