Work Off St. Paddy's Day Decadence Today
Five ways to burn off some of that celebration over the weekend.
That was some party this weekend, huh?
If you are like some of us, you lived up the Morris County St. Patrick's Day Parade to its fullest, which means merriment, revelry ... plus perhaps a few too many burgers and a few too many pints.
But, fear not! Because there are plenty of ways you can start to work off those unwanted calories today–even if it's on the sideline.
- You Need to Know About Flexibility: The key to a successful workout, many say, starts with proper stretching. So, seniors, if you're planning on enjoying the sunny skies and warmer temps today, consider popping into the Senior Center first, at 10 a.m., where "Flex & Stretch" classes are held every Tuesday.
- You Need to Know About Girls Varsity Softball Scrimmages: Here's one athletic endeavor you can do from the sideline. The spring season is heating up, and the Lady Colonials will be out on the ball field against Kearny High School at 4 p.m. And, remember: cheering surely burns calories.
- You Need to Know About Zen Meditation: Sometimes, in order to strengthen ones body, they must also strengthen their mind, first. Meditation is a good place to start down that road, and Empty Bowl Zendo meets at 6:25 p.m. every Tuesday, on the second floor of Church of the Redeemer.
- You Need to Know About Free Yoga: Some may only equate Yoga with stretching, but it goes far beyond that, if you're willing to put in the effort. Marty's Reliable Cycle has free yoga classes, with emphasis on cycling, every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. until April 26. Make sure to RSVP first.
- You Need to Know About Sunny and in the 50s: You can always take a class, but now that the weather seems ready to move into spring for good, it may also be a good day to unearth that bike, check the tires, strap on the helmet and go, baby, go!