Landscape Lights can create resort-like outdoor living spaces in any home. A well-designed exterior landscape lighting system can also increase the value of a home. In this blog we present Part One of our Top 10 Favorite Landscape Lighting Techniques:
- Up lighting aquatic plants from below the water gives the plants a shimmering effect. The plants develop an entirely new look at night as they grow out of a pool of glowing water.
- Path lights strategically placed along a garden walkway or near steps will show the edges of the walkway or the different levels of the steps. This provides a safe space to walk at night. The dappled shadows created on a wall or walkway are beautiful.
- Garden lighting in flower beds with colorful flowers makes the flowers look like they are glowing. Seeing flowers lit at night with garden lights is like bring fresh cut flowers inside in the middle of winter.
- Rhododendrons have very dense leaves so one would not usually think to light them. Many clients are surprised at how much they like the look of the rhododendrons. LED outdoor lighting will make the rhododendron look like a monochromatic stained glass window.
- This technique has to do with lighting stones but uses a different landscape outdoor lighting fixture. Special path lights with the back of the fixture open called half path lights are great for lighting large stones in gardens. The half path light allows light to shine backward toward large stones in a garden while creating a nice arc of light on the ground to the front of the fixture.