Invite a friend
Essex Water Color Club 80th Anniversary Celebration
Essex Water Color Club, New Jersey's oldest watercolor organization, is celebrating its 80th anniversary with a reception and art show, featuring over 40 award winning original watercolor paintings which will be available for sale. The event is free with museum admission. Refreshments will be served.
The Club was founded by 27 Essex County artists in 1932 to stimulate interest in and advance the art of water media painting. Today the Club continues to provide its membership of over 180 artists from across New Jersey a forum for them to meet, share ideas, discuss techniques and exhibit their work. Essex Water Color Club is a friendly and nurturing club dedicated to excellence. It offers its members six meetings a year featuring demonstrations by well-known artists, two to three exhibits in prominent public spaces, workshops, art excursions, a free video library, and a newsletter highlighting member news and art opportunities. More information can be found on www.ewcclub.com"
More About The Morris Museum
The Morris Museum is dedicated to helping individuals enjoy and understand natural and physical sciences, history and the performing arts. It hosts a variety of exhibitions, performances, educational programs, workshops, school field trips and family events. The museum features a collection of more than 40,000 objects, including fine art, dolls, science objects and decorative items. Music boxes, books and other items are available for purchase at the on-site gift shop. All visitors enjoy free admission Thursdays from 5pm to 8pm.
Other events here
- REGISTER NOW for "Digital Art & Illustration Basics with Adobe Photoshop" at the Morris Museum! Daily, 12:00 am–11:59 pm
- SUMMER Studio Art classes for Kids & Teens at the Morris Museum Daily, 9:00 am
- THERE'S STILL TIME to register for Pressed Botanicals Art Workshop at the Morris Museum! Daily, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Studio Art classes for Kids & Teens at Morris Museum Daily, 12:00 pm
- Studio Art classes for Adults at the MORRIS MUSEUM Daily, 12:00 pm
- Spring 2013 Studio Art Classes at the Morris Museum Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Botanicals: Craft of Pressing, Art of Collage at the Morris Museum May 18, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 8, 2013, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Great Movie Musicals Sun, Jun 30, 2:00 pm
- Jazz Concert: Emily Asher’s Garden Party Tue, Jul 9, 8:00 pm–9:30 pm
- Jazz Concert: Jeff Hughes, Noel Kaletsky & the Midiri Brothers Tue, Jul 30, 8:00 pm–9:30 pm