Invite a friend
The Fifth Annual Local Harvest: Farms, Food, and Family
Sponsored by Slow Food Northern New Jersey, the event
will bring together local farmers, food artisans, and like-minded organizations for an afternoon of sustainably, locally produced foods to stock up on for the
Visitors can purchase seasonal vegetables and fruit,
grass-fed beef and pork, pastured poultry, eggs, cheese, breads, and prepared foods from local growers and producers while learning about Community Supported
Agriculture (CSA) and how to purchase seasonal farm shares.
CSAs participating are The Community Supported Garden in Warren County and School Lunch Farm in Morris County. Appleridge Farm, Churutabis Farm, Flint Hill Farm, Good Fields Farm, Griggstown Quail Farm, Bobolink Dairy & Bakeyard, Plaid Piper Farm, Tassot Apiaries, and Valley Shepherd Creamery will be on hand with artisan breads, cheeses, organic and pastured meats, and a wide array of
Rogowski Farm will offer seasonal vegetables, fruit, prepared foods, and baked goods.
Artisan chocolates & sweets for Valentine’s Day from Donna & Company Chocolates, Lickt Gelato, and The Artist Baker. Degage Farm will offer organic eco-handcrafted herbal aromatherapy products for your Valentine.
Harmony Starts pre-order your garden seedlings: vegetables, herbs and edible flowers for your kitchen garden.
Stop by the exhibits of Slow Food Northern NJ,
Grow It Green Morristown, and Edible Jersey.
For more information and list of participating farms, foods artisans, & friends, visit www.slowfoodnnj.org
|Where||Frelinghuysen Arboretum 353 E Hanover Ave, Morristown, NJ 07960|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:00 pm–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||$3 suggested donation for Slow Food NNJ School Garden Program|
More About Frelinghuysen Arboretum
Frelinghuysen Arboretum is a 127-acre collection of trees and shrubs cultivated and labeled for educational and scientific purposes. The area offers beautiful views and is surrounded by woodlands, meadows, gardens and distinctive collections of trees and shrubs. The Frelinghuysen Arboretum is also a center for horticultural activities, including educational programs, special tours, group tours and special events. The area is ideal for hikes, as well as commercial filming, photography, summer camp programs, wedding ceremonies and tented events.
Other events here
- Who Loved This Place? Daily, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Weekend Photo Scavenger Hunt June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / June 9, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013 / June 22, 2013 / June 23, 2013 / June 29, 2013 / June 30, 2013, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
- Garden Tours June 2, 2013 / July 7, 2013 / August 4, 2013 / September 1, 2013 / October 6, 2013, 2:00 pm
- Peonies and Pop Up Shops Sun, Jun 9, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Grow, Cook, Eat - Beans, Beans and More Beans Wed, Jun 19, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Will the Zucchini Never End? Cooking Demonstration Sun, Jun 23, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Contain Your Enthusiasm Container Design Contest July 13, 2013 / July 14, 2013, 9:00 am–4:30 pm