WHAT: The Affinity Federal Credit Union Foundation (a 501(c)3 charitable organization) will host a “Casino Night” event that will take place on Tuesday, October 29 at The Palace at Somerset Park. Last year’s inaugural event raised an additional $20,000 for the local charitable organizations that make our shared communities a better place to live and work. This meant that:
- Matheny Medical and Educational Center was able to offer its Arts Access program to an increased number of severely disabled children and adults, allowing them to communicate and express themselves in ways they could not otherwise;
- Somerset Home for Temporarily Displaced Children was able to shelter more teenagers whose home environments were neglectful and dangerous;
- Community Hope was able to offer transitional housing to more homeless veterans through its Hope for Veterans® program;
- Adult Day Center of Somerset County was able to provide high quality, affordable medical and social day care services for a growing number of disabled and elderly residents of Somerset County
- The Midland School was able to provide vocational training to more mildly and moderately disabled children and adults, preparing them for a greater degree of self-sufficiency and independence;
- Morris County Organization for Hispanic Affairs was able to provide more social services to nearly 10,000 low-income families;
- Saint Clare’s Hospital was able to meet the healthcare needs of more patients;
- and, Saint Peter’s University Hospital was able to expand its programs for breast cancer survivors
In addition, Affinity was able to offer scholarships to six hard-working students whose commitment to serving the community mirrors your own.
Casino Games featured include: Craps, Roulette, and Black Jack, while for non-gamblers there will be Horse Racing tournaments throughout the evening.
Everyone will receive one raffle ticket for every $100 of winnings to enter into the raffle drawing for exciting prizes. Guests will also be able to purchase additional prize tickets.
Cash, credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover) and checks will be accepted during the evening. All remaining chips at the end of the evening will be converted into raffle tickets to place in prize buckets (no line of credit will be granted).
The dress code for the evening will be business attire. Sponsorships are available.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 29
6:00 - 10:00 PM
WHERE: The Palace at Somerset Park
333 Davidson Avenue
CONTACT: Ms. Ann Geller
Affinity Federal Credit Union Foundation
73 Mountain View Blvd.
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
About Affinity Federal Credit Union:
Affinity Federal Credit Union, New Jersey’s largest credit union, is a member-owned, not-for-profit, full-service financial institution with 15 branches throughout New Jersey with more than 133,000 members from more than 2,000 businesses and organizations and total assets in excess of $2 billion. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, Affinity Federal Credit Union has been offering superior financial services with a member-oriented focus since 1935. For more information, visit www.affinityfcu.org.