Kaitlin Krumeich and George Leroy Hunter were at Morristown's Got Talent!, providing in-depth coverage of the grand event.
Kaitlin sent us texts periodically throughout the evening, telling us how the big competition was shaping up. We'll have expanded coverage Thursday, but see below for the play-by-play.
10:08 p.m.: Third place, ; Second place, ; First place, !
9:55 p.m.: The performances just ended. We're waiting for the judge's scores.
9:39 p.m.: really engaged the crowd in his performance of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon.
9:21 p.m.: The performance started out with soft shoes, but about half were in hard shoes by the end of the dance.
8:56 p.m.: Some audience members just gave a standing ovation–they played Green Day's "Holiday."
8:30 p.m.: The crowd is clapping along as is accompanying on guitar.
Back to Kaitlin Krumeich, 8:18 p.m.: just gave a commanding performance of "I Won't Complain."
Special Guest Text from Fellow MGT Attendee Lauren Hedinger: I used to babysit for the girl that just sang! . (Would you mind being quoted on the website?) Sure.
8:00 p.m.: students were calling out, "Mr. Marullo!" as soon as he was called to the stage!
7:49 p.m.: The crowd is loving .
7:31 p.m.: is up next.
7:27 p.m.: First up, .
7:23 p.m.: Guy Adami, Karen Notare, Jonathan Pierce and Blair Reinhard.
7:17 p.m.: No performances yet, the four judges were just introduced.
7:08 p.m.: The show is just starting now, just a bit late.
7:05 p.m.: Contestant . And, councilwoman Rebecca Feldman says the show is definitely sold out.
6:35 p.m.: I'm here at MGT and it's already packed!
Our earlier note on the show:
You know what they say about leaving things to last minute. Well, we're not sure what they say, but we say that, if you do leave things to the last minute, you're bound to get left behind.
Such is the case with the fourth-annual Morristown's Got Talent! event, going on tonight at 7 p.m. at The Community Theatre. Tickets started at $20, but those are looong gone, with only the $75 "premium orchestra" seats still available.
But, fear not, procrastinators! There are still ways you can enjoy the event from the comfort of your, uh, computer? Well, that's one way. And, there are others. Read on!
- You Need to Know Morristown Patch Will Be There: Photographer and writer will be at the gala event tonight, so be sure to check out all of their great coverage.
- You Need to Know Morristown Patch Has Been All Over This: We have been , and will have a couple more rounding out the coverage today. and wish everyone the best of luck!
- You Need to Know We'll Be Keeping Tabs From Here: While Kaitlin and George will be in the thick of it, we'll have updated coverage as the event unfolds. So, be sure to keep coming back to the site (unless you're actually at Morristown's Got Talent! tonight, then I guess we'll allow you a moment not to come here) to find out how things are going down.
- You Need to Know is the Place to Be After the Event: , and will run until midnight. As Dermot McPeake ." You can't miss that!
- You Need to Know a $75 Ticket is Still a Ticket: And, remember, proceeds from Morristown's Got Talent! benefit the Morris Educational Foundation. So, don't think of it as an expensive ticket, think of it as a very generous donation.