Wednesdays just got a lot more interesting thanks to the Mayo's outdoor mid-day concerts on the Green
1. You Need to Know About World Music: The series returns to the Green for its second season. Kicking things off at noon will be Chia's Dance Party, a Colombian-influenced group. In the event of rain, the free concert will be held at the . Concerts will be held every other Wednesday through Aug. 3, showcasing artists from around the world.
2. You Need to Know Gardening Can Last a Lifetime: Garden writer Sydney Eddison will sign copies of her newest book "Gardening For a Lifetime" at the and discuss how to garden wiser as you get older. The lecture begins at 1 p.m.
3. You Need to Know About An Evening Run: The invites runners of all ages and abilities to come out at 6:15 p.m. for a five-mile-run that starts and finishes at the store.
4. You Need to Know About Theater: Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the outdoor stage at the Greek amphitheater at the College of St. Elizabeth. The first preview performance of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" at 8:15 p.m. offers opportunities for reduced-price tickets as an incentive to first-time theatergoers. For those who would otherwise not be able to afford a night at the theatre, the first preview performance is 'Pay What You Can Night.' For more information, call the box office at 973-408-5600.
5. You Need to Know About Trivia: , at The Famished Frog, plays host to a weekly trivia contest. Bring a team and test your knowledge from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.