Today is a special day for carnivores.
At 11 a.m., . So, in honor of this occasion, we wanted to spread the love around a little and reintroduce you to five other fine, meaty options you may want to consider when the line at the new place is a little too long.
- You Need to Know About : Not a lot of places offer bison, and it's really a shame. It's much healthier than your average, corn-fed beef. And, when prepared properly, , it's a delicious, relatively guilt-free option.
- You Need to Know About : It was a disappointment, to say the least, . However, on the same visit, we were pretty impressed with their burger, a meaty, moist, decadent affair that is almost worth its steep pricetag (it does come with fries, though, and they were more than happy to swap those out for some excellent onion rings).
- You Need to Know About : Going back to healthier options, when we're feeling hungry but all sorts of good about ourselves after finally getting in a workout at , we'll often head across the street to Muscle Maker Grill. While it's not a proper traditional burger, their turkey burger wrap is a meaty, tasty way to stave off hunger while not being too gluttonous (we're forever skeptics).
- You Need to Know About : This place has some of the best Happy Hour specials in town. One of our favorites is the $6 "Naked Burger," which at first we thought meant it didn't have a bun. Apparently, it just means it's your basic burger with your basic accoutrements (including a side of fries). Not a problem for us.
- You Need to Know About : We were on the fence with this one. We'll be pretty blunt: This is not our favorite diner. Some items have been pretty average, while others not particularly good. However, it's open 24 hours. And, one late night when we couldn't sleep, a late-night drive there for a cheeseburger and fries was exactly what no doctor in their right mind would order, but it was very enjoyable, nonetheless.