. In honor of this far out show, we present the following:
- You Need to Know About Free Yoga, Man: Not only do hippies like free (free love, free other stuff), hippies like yoga. Well, we think they do. They like to feel one with themselves. And, what better way to do that than to participate . Their farmer, appropriately named Farmer Shaun, may just be a hippie. He's a got a big beard and likes farming. Close enough.
- You Need to Know About Starting Them Young, Man: Teach your four-to-six-year-old to be a fresh veggie-loving hippie by taking them at 9:30 a.m. to ... ? Quit horning in on this space, man! This one, like the yoga, is free, but you need to register first.
- You Need to Know About Expression, Man: Hippies and art, it's like fries and ketchup. Mmm. All the hippies in college majored in Art, at least in our school. So, be sure to embrace your inner flower child at The Open Drawing Studio Project, going on throughout August at St. Peter's Episcopal Church. Check the listing for the times it's going on. Also,
- You Need to Know About Two Wheels Instead of Four, Man: What's more hippie than getting rid of that gas-guzzling car and getting on a bike? Head to 66 Macculloch Ave. at 6:30 p.m., where a group of far out cyclists meet every Wednesday for a beginner-level bike ride. But, none of those fixed-gear bikes, man. That's hipster, not hippie.
- You Need to Know About a Freeholders Meeting, Man: Uh, what? Maybe all these suits are, well, in suits, but you can go there in your bell-bottoms and put a flower in each of their hairs. Or, you know, you can just listen in.