If you are married, partnered, dating or are just harboring a secret crush, today is a big day. If you hadn’t realized today is Valentine’s Day, you’re in trouble. But not too much. Everything you need to celebrate your love, or get Cupid’s arrow to strike your heart’s desire, is right here in Morristown.
So here are five things to help you celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- You need to know that there are dozens of restaurants waiting to take your dinner reservations. Morristown has a dining establishment to satisfy every taste. Among my favorites are , and (especially romantic) if you’re looking for Italian, or if you’re already thinking St. Patrick’s Day, for a more casual meal, and for something exotic. Right next door, Rod's Steak and Seafood Grille in Morris Township is offering a three-course prix fixe menu for $68.95 per person, not including tax or gratuity. And if you’re cooking dinner for that special loved one? Start with some delicious fromages from .
- You need to know that there are a few romantic comedies playing. What says date better than a movie? Clearview Cinemas’ will be playing Just Go With It, No Strings Attached and Gnomeo and Juliet (hey, it’s based on Shakespeare’s classic love tragedy). Or treat him to The Fighter or Sanctum in 3D. If you’re lucky, Eric Glover will rip your ticket.
- You need to know chocolate is a gal’s best friend (and guys like it, too). Don’t show up empty-handed for your date. You can get sweets for your sweet at or
- You need to know that she’s probably expecting flowers, too, especially if she’s dieting (although this could be a dangerous subject for you to bring up). What would Valentine’s Day be without a dozen red roses or another beautiful bouquet? , and can help.
- You need to know, in case you forgot, that diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Or gold. Or silver. Or any other fine jewelry. With candy and flowers in hand, don't forget to swing by , , or .
And if none of these feels quite right, Morristown has dozens of other shops where you’ll be able to find the perfect way to express your love for your love.