As August winds down and we begin to prepare for fall, the schedule in Morristown remains a bit quiet. But, a Monday meeting reminds us that one the hallmarks of the changing season is fast-approaching.
- That's right ... it's almost time for school. The final Board of Education meeting of the summer, at 7:30 p.m. on Monday at , surely will remind us of that.
- You also know fall is right around the corner when event listings make mention of it. Such is the case with the listing. Registration begins on Monday for free classes that begin in September.
- Just like Pete Townshend said: give blood. And, if your donation, , can also give a soldier overseas a 20-minute pre-paid phone card to call home, all the better.
- If you want to eat fresh after giving blood, stop over to from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, where .
- Like bikes? Like movies? Like bike-in movies? Well then, , is something you should be all up in. Enjoy!
BONUS: Here's a plugola for one of our own. Montclair Patch Editor Shelley Emling has released a new novel, "Marie Curie and Her Daughters." The author . Who knew us Patch editors were multi-talented?!