What's going on this week, Morristown area? Want to attend a lecture, go for a walk, or rock out with The Blind Boys of Alabama? You are in luck.
- Public Affairs Lectures? Sign us up! Head to Morris Museum at 6 p.m. Tuesday, where Marcellus Andrews, of Barnard College, will talk economics in the Fairleigh Dickinson University lecture series event, “The Next America: Rebuilding American Capitalism after the Crisis.” $10 walk-ins.
- Want to Help Out CASA While Getting Fed? Court Appointed Special Advocates of Morris and Sussex Counties will hold . Eat like you normally would, but bring in the CASA promotion flier or mention this event, and a portion of your bill will go to benefit the program. Easy peasy!
- Fancy a Lovely Walk Around Lovely Morristown? Head to the entrance of 14 Maple Ave., home of the Morristown Parking Authority, Arts Council of the Morris Area and others, where Bike and Walk Morristown's own Kendra Arnold leads weekly noontime walks Thursdays.
- Get Your Spirituals the Funky Way, by seeing Rock & Roll legend Dr. John and The Blind Boys of Alabama at 8 p.m. Thursday at the Mayo Performing Arts Center. It's called "Spirituals to Funk," cost is $39.
- Fancy Some Clothing for a Great Price, Benefiting a Great Cause? Head to from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Proceeds to benefit students and the needy in our area.