Time waits for no one. And, the older we get, the slower we get, the faster it seems to become.
Another new year is less than a week upon us. We have just enough time to get a few more items checked off our "to do" lists. Because, before you know it, we won't have any opportunities left (because, you know, some of these items are time sensitive).
- You Need to Know About Holiday Festivities: Those who opt to celebrate Christmas with real trees know, once the holidays are behind us, they must take care of those trees, lest they become nothing more than twigs in a bucket, surrounded by needles on the floor. So, too, will all of the holiday fineries on display around town and on the Green be a thing of the past. So make sure to get out there and check out what's still up, before it all comes down.
- You Need to Know About The Nutcracker: Speaking of holiday festivities, made it a point to offer plenty of opportunities for fans of the New Jersey Ballet rendition of this Christmas classic to check it out. If you didn't get to see it before Christmas, however, there are still two chances left, at 1 and 6 p.m. on Monday. Then, well, you'll just have to wait until next year.
- You Need to Know About Resolution Headstarts: You know the drill: As the clock strikes midnight, you smoke your last cigarette, vow never again to eat another Ding Dong, assert you will not spend money you don't have and promise you will get to the gym at least three times a week (but, you know it will likely be more because you're just so pumped!). By mid-January, you're shamefully asking the guy at for a pack of smokes while grabbing a pack of snack cakes before handing him the credit card you had paid off last year and pledged to never use again, except in emergencies. And, instead of taking your snacks and cigs to the gym, you're heading home to watch another How I Met Your Mother mini-marathon. For shame. Perhaps getting a headstart on at least one of those resolutions, such as the fitness one, will at least get you into February before cracking. group runs, on Wednesday and Saturday, are a good place to start.
- You Need to Know About Reconnection: Were you ever a Boy Scout? Ever wonder what happened to some of your fellow Scouts? If you would love to find out in 2011, rather than 2012, you might want to stop into at 6 p.m. Thursday when they will be hosting a Boy Scout Alumni event for those ages 21-39.
- You Need to Know About Connection: From what we have heard, all the kids that got Smartphones for Christmas absolutely love the Patch app. What better way to round-out 2011 is there than by downloading it yourself?