Oh, art. It does make one feel a little more, I don't know ... refined? Cultured? Dare I say, classy? Burp.
In all seriousness, while art may not help us couth-challenged folks at Morristown Patch in the tact department, it sure is nice. We're not yet trading in our glasses for monocles, our band t-shirts for tuxedos. But, like wine, cheese and standup comedians, we might not know what makes for good art, but we do know what we like. And, , we know we're glad there are plenty of options for art right here in Morristown.
- You Need to Know About Gallery Egan: Located at 12 Community Place, this contemporary art gallery is just last week collaborated with the folks over at 40 Park on the "Edge" presentation.
- You Need to Know About : This gallery, opened in 1996, features eight exhibitions every year.
- You Need to Know About the Atrium Gallery: Located in the Morris County , the Atrium Gallery features exhibits year-round in a wide-variety of artistic styles.
- You Need to Know About : In addition to the various museum presentations, the historical museum often offers gallery presentations as well. Make sure you know when to go, though; they're only open from 1 to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.
- You Need to Know About the : Specifically, you need to know about their offices at 14 Maple Ave. Even more specifically, you need to know about The Gallery at 14 Maple, which is housed within their offices ... at 14 Maple. Bet you didn't see that coming.
Bonus Thing: It's not just about art, and technically it's not even there yet, but the proposed Morristown EcoCenter, at 55 Bank St., has already begun holding activities in earnest, . So, definitely check them out, too!
Bonus Thing II (Electric Boogaloo): While we were working, even more art was happening. Bria Young, one of the fine managers over at , also is an artist. Her work will be presented from 6 to 8 p.m. on May 22 at the cafe.