Are you planning on heading to the at 1:30 p.m., where ? If you don't have a job, or are looking for another one, you probably should.
But, wait! Don't go out in your slippers and pajama pants (like we do). Before you head there, get yourself prepped for success.
- You Need to Know About Man(and Lady)scaping: Facial hair is great, we should know. But, if you're looking more Grizzly Adams than Magnum P.I., make sure to get that stuff under control. Ladies, too. Kings has a sale on several health & beauty items to get all sorts of success-ready.
- You Need to Know About a Sharp-Dressed Man: As in, every girl's (and, perhaps, potential employer) crazy for one. What? Never heard of ZZ Top? Kids these days. has a 50 percent off suit sale. Ditch the t-shirt and shorts, if for one afternoon.
- You Need to Know About Fuel: You have time, as the job fair doesn't begin until 1:30 p.m. But, if you're like us, your sleep schedule stinks. Either way, a turkey/egg white breakfast burrito (hot sauce on the side) at always gets us fueled. And, heck, wash it down with a strong cup of coffee while you're at it, career man. If times are a bit tougher, and a little leaner, remember that Community Soup Kitchen serves a nutritious lunch every day ().
- You Need to Know About the Weather: Whether you have a car or not, and if you're not coming from out of town, consider walking to the job fair on this gorgeous, sunny day. A little time to mentally prepare, and to perhaps get some cobwebs out of your head beforehand, could mean the difference between a good first impression and a lousy one.
- : If this job fair doesn't work out, there will be more. In the meantime, consider boning up on whatever industry you're interested in by reading up on it. Heck, why not also ask if the library has a job opening? The key to success is to try everything.