Feeling refreshed from the weekend? There are plenty of new things to learn today. Check out a career networking group, learn how to download a book or meet a 90210 heartthrob.
- You Need to Know About Networking: The Morris County Career Networking Group will meet Monday from 9 to 11 a.m. at 70 Maple Ave. All professionals in transition are welcome to attend. The group meets the second and fourth Mondays of the month, and while there is no cost, donations are welcome.
- You Need to Know About eBooks: Learn how to download free eBooks from the library's collection to your Nook, iPad, or Sony Reader from 10 to 11 a.m. at the . Registration is required and can be done by calling 973-538-2592.
- You Need to Know About History: The Passaic River Coalition will host its third lecture at Willow Hall funded by the Morris County Heritage Commission: 'Free Blacks and Slaves in 19th Century Morris and Bergen Counties.' The speakers include A. Brown, owner of Du Bois Books, Joe Bilby, and S. Nanney on C. Turkington’ s book, "Setting Up Our Own City: the Black Community in Morristown." Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-532-9830. Seating and parking are limited.
- You Need to Know About Jazz: The Bickford's Monday night jazz showcase continues with reed maestro Dan Levinson's ode to Jimmie Noone's Chicago jazz. The Apex Project captures the Jimmie Noone spirit, with an all-star cast that includes Pete Martinez (Albert clarinet), Kevin Dorn (drums), Cassidy Holden (bass), Jen Frenkel (piano) and Molly Ryan (guitar and vocals). The show begins at 8 p.m. and tickets are $15 in advance and $18 at the door.
- You Need to Know Time Is Running Out to Make a Quick $10: Through June 30, for every $50 purchased in gift certificates, Morristown Partnership will give customers a free $10 gift certificate to shop and dine at over 175 downtown Morristown businesses. 'Gift Greenback' gift certificates expire one year from the date of purchase. For more information, see here.
BONUS THING—You need to Know How to Meet Ian Ziering: 90210 star (and we're talking about the real 90210, back from when we were kids and had to walk uphil both ways in the snow and whatnow) Ian Ziering is coming to I Do ... I Do ... Bridal for a product demonstration and business opportunity meeting. He'll be showing off a new anti-aging product at the event, hosted in partnership with . I Do ... I Do ... is located at 35 South St. Say hi to Ian for us—!