Power has returned for many in our area. But, for those still without electricity, those dropping numbers on the JCP&L outage map don't mean much.
And now, temperatures have been dropping just in time for another potentially nasty storm later this week.
To that end, additional warming and charging stations are now available for the weather weary throughout Morristown.
"Due to the increasingly cold weather that is forecasted, additional locations have been opened to allow you to get warm and charge your mobile electronic devices," said the Morristown Police Department in a Nixle.com press release.
Here is the list:
- St. Margret's of Scotland Catholic Church - Speedwell Avenue
- Morristown Fire Department - Speedwell Avenue
- Town Hall Senior Center (3rd floor) - South Street (24/7)
- Bethel A.M.E. Church - Spring Street (10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- Assumption Church - Maple Avenue (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- St. Peters Episcopal Church - Maple Avenue (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Calvary Baptist Church - Martin Luther King Avenue (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
The Morristown Police Department asks those with power to pass along this list to those who may not have power and therefore may not be able to see it.
Additionally, the Red Cross-staffed shelter at Mennen Arena in Morris Township remains open on a 24-hour basis. The facility has showers, food, TV and provides sleeping accommodations. To contact the shelter call 800-507-6058.