Morristown Patch has been around (Aug. 17, yow!). But some people are just catching on. If you've been with us from the start, thank you. And if you're new, welcome! To those newbies, here are a few things about Morristown Patch you'll want to keep in mind.
- Comment on an Article: We subscribe to the idea that "news is a conversation." Much of our reporting will emanate from what readers tell us in emails, comments on our sites and in conversations around town. Share your thoughts and reactions to our articles by posting a comment directly below each story.
- Ask a Question: So maybe you want to know when that pothole is going to get fixed, or maybe you're curious about when a restaurant is opening (or, if your favorite restaurant just closed). You are always welcome to give us a call or send an email. The number is 973-380-3206, and the email is email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute Your Pics & Clips: Since Morristown Patch is just as much your site as it is ours, we want you to directly contribute as often as possible. This is just one way to do that. Upload your awesome shots to the site. It's easy!
- Post an Event: Do you know of a book signing at , a celebrity chef appearing at one of our fine restaurants or an art exhibit being assembled by the ? Is there a garage sale coming up? If it's not on our Patch calendar, it should be. Feel free to add events to our site here.
- Send a News Tip: At the bottom of the homepage, there's a link that says, "Send Us News Tips." Tell us about stories we should cover. Your tip will be sent straight to John Dunphy, Morristown Patch's editor.
- Post an Announcement: Post births, engagements and wedding announcements. Tell us who made the honor roll or share school awards, social notes and thank you shout outs. If you're looking for volunteers or searching for your lost dog, we welcome you to call on your community for help. Just remember, our Terms of Service say announcements should be for personal use and not for advertising.
- Share Your Voice: Got something to say about life in Morristown or news to spread? Need a forum for your community group? Just eager to share your views? Click here to learn how to become a Morristown Patch blogger.
- Claim Your Listing: This one is business-specific. Hey, Morristown businesses, did you know you're already listed in our comprehensive directory? If you "claim" your listing, you will have access to the listing and be able to modify it as needed for things like hours of operation, goods sold and more. .
- Subscribe! Do you want to know what's going on in Morristown quickly, sometimes as soon as it's posted? Then subscribe to our newsletters. You will get an email every morning choc-o-bloc with what we posted from the day before. And, if that was not enough, you will receive "breaking news" alerts on what's happening right now. It's easy! Just go to the top of this post, input your email address and we'll do the rest!