At Morristown Patch, we work on being as impartial as possible. We report, you decide, as some other news outlet may or may not use as their moniker. And, we have no idea if they mean it or not, but we certainly do ... except, when it comes to our bellies.
Like art, we're not experts, but, we know what we like. And, right now, during Downtown Morristown Restaurant Week (ironically, now entering its second week), many Morristown eateries are showing new and regular customers their culinary masterstrokes with special deals.
This list is by no means exhaustive (it does not include places we have not been to, obviously, or have not reviewed), but it does take into account places where we thoroughly enjoyed our experiences and, without the benefit of having to review it for the site, have returned. And, of course, the list only includes those participating in Downtown Morristown Restaurant Week. Enjoy, and stay hungry.
- You Need to Know About : When we (the delicious side dishes that accompany most Korean meals). They have since remedied this oversight, and have possibly some of the best kimchi we have ever experienced, both here, and in the Land of the Morning Calm. Right now, their $24.95 prix fixe dinner specials during restaurant week include an appetizer, entree (which includes any of their limited, but excellent, Korean dishes), dessert, as well as soup and salad.
- You Need to Know About : We called And, it was. Carnivores wanting to sample this new kid on the block won't have that option to choose from on the special menu. But, for $29, they will get to choose from several appetizers, desserts and entrees, which include an 8 oz. New York Strip Steak, certainly no slouch. The prix fixe menu at Roots is only available during lunch hours.
- You Need to Know About : We said that, usually, Japanese cuisine tends not to be high on our list of favorites. Yet, our meal here was excellent, complete with an attentive and kind waitress. Their special during the restaurant week does not list a price, but no specials during the week are over $30, so you at least know what the max will be. Prix Fixe specials are only during dinner.
- You Need to Know About : Succulent. It's the word that describes . The fragrant rice, the sweet and salty condiments that are common in Iran, yet somewhat foreign and exotic here. And, they're keeping the menu choices simple during Restaurant Week: For $25 during dinner, you get any appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage. Like Staples says, that was easy.
- You Need to Know About : Another newbie, it was ). And, for $29, that or the French Chicken Supreme can be yours (yes, yours!) for dinner, along with an appetizer and dessert. But, seriously, get the Skate Wing. Trust us.
Bonus Thing: If you are reading this on Monday, April 11, wherever you choose to eat, try to make sure it's outside. It's supposed to be 84 degrees today! Al fresco dining is back, baby!