How do you get into the holiday spirit? If it's through song, you have more than one way to feel all yuletide terrific inside this week. You also have several ways to get informed about how your town/township/borough operates. Read on.
- Getting Into the Holiday Spirit Through Song: If that sounds like a great idea, head to the Malcolm Forbes Amptitheater at Morristown Medical Center Monday at noon for a free performance of holiday favorites by the Newark Boys Chorus.
- 'SNAP' to it: If you have not heard of SNAP before, check out this story to get you up-to-speed. Then, head over to the Morristown & Morris Township Library starting at 10 a.m. Monday to check out some of the art on display from the program. If you have time, head there at 7 p.m. for an artist's reception.
- Board of Education: Want to keep tabs on what's going on with the Morris School District? A concerned parent? Just curious? Head over to the Lafayette Learning Center at 7:30 p.m. on Monday for the next regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting.
- Municipal Government Meetings: Whether you're in Morristown, Morris Township or Morris Plains, there's a meeting for you this week. In Morristown, Town Council will meet for its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall. Head back to Town Hall Thursday at 7 p.m. when the same Town Council (acting as the Redevelopment Agency) convenes for its next Redevelopment Meeting; in Morris Township, the Zoning Board of Adjustment meets Monday at 7:30 p.m. at the Morris Township Municipal Building; in Morris Plains, Planning Board meets Monday at 7:30 p.m., Board of Health meets Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., and a Recreation meetings is scheduled for Thursday at 7:30 p.m., all at Borough Hall.
- A Musical Lunch: Looking for a nice, musical way to break up your workday on Thursday? Head over to Morristown United Methodist Church at noon, .