One of the best things we have started here at Morristown Patch, hands down, has to be ""
Born out of need for a story, I went to . Hey, I kept up! Sort of. At the time, I thought it would be just a fun one-off.
And then, . Stevie Cohen, whether intentionally or not–with her lithe technique side-by-side with my uncoordinated twist–made me look like a fool. The piece was praised. I knew I had a series.
Over the last several months, however, "Try This, Morristown!" has evolved and expanded. It's not only about me making a fool out of myself (which, of course, makes for great video), it's also about exposing Morristownians to activities and events they might not be aware of. Things as mundane and everyday as , to tasks as serious and important , to learning about a local business owner's .
And, of course, there is .
We have a lot of ideas coming, including a useful one next week, and even a new sub-series starting (more on that soon). But, now we would like you, our readers, to put on your thinking caps. We want you to come up with some ideas for "Try This, Morristown!"
As reward for the best idea, selected by a crack team of Patchers, the winner will receive $100 for the charity of his or her choice.
The rules are pretty simple:
- This has to be an event or activity that applies to Morristown. So, while I am keen for jumping out of a plane, unless there is an organization in town that hosts something like this, that doesn't count.
- This has to be something whoever would organize the event wants to be a part of. So, if you know of someone who needs their chimney swept, but not by the editor of Morristown Patch, try again.
- The idea has to be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5. OK, by midnight, but only because I'm nice.
- We reserve the right to try your ideas even if you don't win the prize. (Hey, we can't help it if your imaginations are richer than our budget).
- The event has to be legal. Sorry.
Send your ideas to Morristown Patch Editor John Dunphy at . Include your name, location and charity you want the prize money to go to (you get bonus points if the charity serves Morristown or the Morris County area). The winner will be selected and announced on Monday, Dec. 6.
OK, we're excited to read what ideas we might have not known about in Morristown. And, just like the video above says, "we'll try anything!"