It may be a shortened week, but that does not mean there isn't a plethora of things to mark on your calendars. Read on.
- Interested in Public Affairs? If so, you may want to head to the Morris Museum at 2:15 p.m. Monday for Part of the Fairleigh Dickinson University Public Affairs Lecture Series, the speaker will be Jorge Dominguez, Antonio Madero Professor for the Study of Mexico.
- Meeting Roundup: It may be a holiday week, but that does not mean the work of local government shuts down completely. In Morristown, Town Council is scheduled to meet for its next regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall; In Morris Township, the Township Committee also meets Tuesday, at 7 p.m. at the Morris Township Municipal Building; and in Morris Plains, their Planning Board is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m. on Monday at Borough Hall.
- A Little Stressed Thinking About the Holidays? Maybe you need a little Zen to get you through Thanksgiving and (gasp) Black Friday (but, maybe you won't be so stressed for Small Business Saturday). Head to Empty Bowl Zendo at 6:25 p.m. Tuesday for their weekly Zen meditation sitting.
- Feel Like Enjoying Some Homegrown 'Hick Pop?' Then, head to the Mayo Performing Arts Center at 8 p.m. Wednesday when New Jersey native jam band From Good Homes is set to perform.
- Before You Head to the Dinner Table Thursday ... Consider heading to Ginty Field in Morris Township for the sixth-annual Turkey Trot, which begins at 8:30 a.m. The charity fundraiser benefits Literacy Volunteers of Morris County and Interfaith Food Pantry.