Time continues its steady march. We grow older. Hair gets grayer. Bellies, a bit more rotund (or, is that just us?). Time does not stop for anyone.
The same can be said for our stuff. What once was top-tier quickly becomes bottom-shelf. Thankfully, there are places like Craigslist, where that also-ran "junk" may find a new home as first class "treasure."
- Want a 27" Television? These things used to carry a premium. Now, this thing is going for $25. And, the seller will even throw a 13" TV in for free. So sad.
- Want an Ice Box? That's what came before refridgerators, for our young readers. This one comes from circa 1925, and the seller has been using it as a liquor cabinet. $600 and it's yours.
- Want a Phonograph? While records still carry a significant amount of retro cred, the average music listener isn't spinning them on their toes anymore (as this writer's brother did when he was a baby. True story!). But, if you're in the market for one, this Columbia 78 may be the ticket. The seller is asking $99 firm.
- Want an Infant Seat? That's the thing about infants: They don't stay that way for long. So, instead of just giving this vibrating lights and sound infant seat the heave-ho, this mommy is giving it over to the masses on Craigslist, for $25.
- Want Some PS2 Games? That's Playstation 2, for those not in the know. Despite now being 12 years old, it remains one of the greatest videogame consoles in history (and, still the main console for this writer). If you're also keen to keep building your PS2 library, you may want this set of Guitar Hero III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, for $10.