It's Friday, and we would like to offer a light-hearted send-off to the week by presenting something a little lighter. Well, we hope: It really depends on what the top 5 entries are when we enter "Morristown, NJ" into a Youtube search.
This could be interesting. Well, here we go!
- You Need to Know About the 911 Wing Challenge: Anyone familiar with Cluck-U, or specifically, the regional chain's Morristown location, will be well aware of the chicken shack's "911 challenge," where you get to pay them to eat six chicken wings that you can't taste, because after the first couple bites, all you taste is fire. Sounds great, huh? Nicholas Graber thought it did, and in July 2009, he documented his own "911 challenge" on Youtube.
- You Need to Know About Your Moment of Zen: Courtesy of SuperStarRendon, who apparently really likes trains, is a very chill, four-minute video of trains passing one way and the other from the , taken in April 2010.
- You Need to Know About : With a appropriately-placed grand piano playing in the background, this nearly 10-minute video about the Washington Street dining landmark was filmed in May 2010.
- You Need to Know About a Police Escort to Honeywell: The Honeywell tract has been making headlines over at our sister site, Morris Township-Morris Plains Patch. And in November 2010, a large group of Honeywell employees from Illinois traveled to the company's then corporate headquarters in Morris Township to "personally deliver a letter to our CEO Dave Cote and tell him we want a fair contract and return to work." Note: This video contains a few background instances of foul language.
- You Need to Know About St. Paddy's, 2008: Since the sixth and seventh "Morristown" listings also were for The Grand Cafe, we figured we'd skip down to number seven, which is a four-minute video for the 2008 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Morristown. We love to end this column on a festive note, so, thanks, Youtube! Happy weekend!