So, we'll cut to the chase: some people say our end of days is coming this weekend. The apocalypse. The Rapture. The End of the World. Whatever you want to call it, apparently, if you have not been in Harold Camping's Family Radio camp, well, you're pretty much done for.
But, it doesn't mean us heathens are going down without a fight.
Like prepping for a really bad storm you were told you should flee from, but, darn it, you don't want to leave your house, we're going to be right here in Morristown, waiting for our Judgment Day to arrive. And, we'll be prepared.
- You Need to Know About the Catch-It: Way back when (at least in Patch Time. C'mon, a year in Patch Time is like a lifetime), . It has finally gone public and the fine folks at , where owner Julie Pilas created the fine product, will be happy to sell you one when everyone is so scared of the end days that we're all ... well, you know. Better to be sanitary about it.
- You Need to Know About Another 24 Hours: Hey, everyone is going to be going to the supermarkets–, . So, don't wait in line, only to find out every last bottle of water has been bought. Another 24 Hours, on Morris Street, will be happy to sell you every last bit of what they have. Remember that . Every business would prefer to empty their coffers.
- You Need to Know About All That Food: So, you've been trying to cut back on red meat. You've been a veggie for 20 years. You've sworn off sweets. Why are you doing that now? It's the end of the world and you live in a place with over 100 restaurants and other dining options. Go eat! Eat, and be satisfied!
- You Need to Know About Nightlife: Forget stocking up. If we're all really done for (except, of course, those that have been chosen for The Rapture), then why are we planning for the future? Let's enjoy today! There are plenty of places to do that, with plenty of likeminded people that are looking just to have one last hurrah. , , , , . Heck, you don't even need to drink booze to say goodbye. Have a coffee at , or . Forget that you were trying to avoid caffeine!
- You Need to Know About the Great Outdoors: Well, if we're done for–at least those of us who don't follow Harold Camping's doctrine, we're at least going to enjoy one last taste of the beauty of the natural world. We have plenty of options right here in Morristown. Personally, we'll head to the Green, look at the foliage amidst the chaos of an urban landscape. And, we'll remember that, even in the most crazy of places, we can all find a little peace. And, whether or not this is the last time we get to experience this great place, we'll know that, at least we got to experience it at all.
Good luck, fun-loving folks. Hopefully, we'll see you next week.