So, we were disappointed in the bun choice at last week. And, the fries, well ... we won't go into that again. Anyone still doing the Atkins Diet is in for a treat.
But, Urban Table certainly isn't the only place carnivores can grab a good burger. Here are five other options in Morristown. We welcome (nay, we expect) heated debate over whose is superior.
- You Need to Know About : A while back, Morristown Patch stopped into the Grasshopper for where we watched Dustin Keller being interviewed before we found out . Afterward, we popped downstairs for a burger that was beefy, bluey (it had blue cheese on it) and overall tasty. Not a standout, but we definitely left satisfied.
- You Need to Know About : It's a diner, . But, he did not have a burger. Still, it is a diner. Diners have burgers. Some good, some ... well. What do you think of their diner standard?
- You Need to Know About : What is it about this place that we love so much? It's not even that it's that great. It's good, but, I don't know ... scrappy? Though we more than often get the Cabo Fish Tacos than their burgers, they hold their own very nicely. And, the restaurant has some really great specials that change throughout the week, including an all-day Happy Hour. Burgers and beer, anyone?
- You Need to Know About : No-nonsense sliders. These mini-burgers seem to be de rigeur these days, and can be found everywhere. We found at to be OK, but perhaps not worth the cost. Vincent Gragnani had a similar experience with the sliders at , with . The sliders we have had at the Frog after kickball games were your simple burgers on buns–satisfying, unpretentious. Eat them.
- You Need to Know About : We're curious how good these could possibly be. Any burger afficionado knows fat = flavor. A good burger tends to be a fatty boom batty burger. A place like Muscle Maker Grill is known to want to cut the fat. Still, we're optimistic. , but that was no burger. The jury is out. Thoughts?