It's the summer (). With that comes Town Council's reduced meeting schedule. And with that comes a packed schedule for its sole July meeting, set for Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at . The agenda is included in this post as usual, and as usual here are five items to keep on your radar.
- Open Space: In an urban setting such as Morristown, open space is considered pretty precious. For those interested, the hearing on the filing of an Open Space Trust Grant application for the acquisition of 17 Early St. (otherwise known as the ) is on the agenda.
- Capital Improvements: The final reading of an ordinance for various capital improvements is on the agenda. These, in the amount of about $1.7 million, include work on Town Hall, roads, park improvements and equipment purchases for the Department of Public Works.
- 'Bishop Nazery Way:' Pastor Sidney Williams of came to the council at its last meeting . That proposal is being introduced at this month's meeting.
- Garbage Comes at a Cost: Are you a business that has a fair amount of garbage? Concerned citizen concerned about businesses and how they dispose of said garbage? Then, you might be interested to find out about an ordinance that would increase the penalty for violations that relate to the storage and removal of garbage and refuse at "retail food businesses" in Morristown.
- 'Complete Streets:' Are you a bicyclist? Walker? Commuters of any stripe may be interested to learn more about a resolution on the agenda establishing a "Complete Streets Policy" for Morristown, "which provides safe access to streets for all users."