Tuesday night's Town Council meeting, at 7:30 p.m. at , is the only council meeting scheduled for August. So, you know it's going to be a packed agenda. Here are five items of particular note (and, be sure to check out the entire agenda, included with this post).
- Filming Permits for the Future? Depending on who you ask, Morristown dodged a bullet when . Legally, they were within their rights and there was nothing Morristown could do, even if they wanted to. That could change should the town put in place some permit regulations for filming in town, which is going to be discussed at the council meeting.
- Growing it Green on MLK: Grow it Green Morristown, which maintains both the and , have been eyeing for a while. If approved by Town Council, it would become the organization's second community garden.
- Bishop Nazery Way: Town Council approved introduction of this–, in honor of the first pastor at –at their last meeting, so they are expected to approve the ordinance, making the name change official.
- Parking Problems: Have you ever had issues with parking (or had issues with others parked temporarily where they shouldn't be) in the area of Market and Bank streets, or in the vicinity of the Green? It apparently has been an ongoing issue, so much so that a resolution on the agenda calls for a request of the New Jersey Department of Transportation Bureau of Traffic Engineering and Investigation "to review various changes to on-street parking and loading facilities at various locations along US-202 (Market and Bank streets) and NJ-124 (Park Place/South Street)."
- Demolition: For those keeping up on 20 Hillcrest Ave., , a resolution calls for the awarding of a bid to Caravella Contractors Inc. for demolition and site remediation at 20 Hillcrest Ave., in the amount of $14,297.21.