The Morristown Town Council returns to Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday for its next regular meeting. Check below on a few items of note, and be sure to click on the included PDF for the entire agenda.
- Public Works Garage: With the Speedwell Redevelopment Plan moving forward, the Department of Public Works will be in need of a new garage, as their old one is coming down for the project. A resolution on Tuesday's agenda calls for awarding the bid to "Benjamin R. Harvey Co. Inc." for the construction of the new Public Works Garage on the southwest corner of Morristown’s Wastewater Treatment Plant property, 80 East Hanover Ave., at a cost of $1,943,922.
- Phase IV: South Street Streetscape Improvements have been going on for a while. And, should the New Jersey Department of Transportation approve an application by Morristown for municipal aid for Phase IV of the project in Fiscal Year 2013, it will continue. A resolution is on the agenda Tuesday approving and authorizing the Morristown Division of Engineering’s application to the NJDOT for just that.
- Made in the Shade (Tree Commission:) It was discussed at the last Town Council meeting. And, here we are. At this meeting, an ordinance is expected to be introduced to establish a Shade Tree Commission.
- Move That Car, Buddy: For anyone who dropped their car off on Lackawanna Place for up to 12 hours at a metered spot ... we have some bad news. An ordinance is expected to be introduced Tuesday that would change nine 12-hour time limit on street parking meters there for 90-minute meters. Hey, at least that's a lot fewer quarters you'll need.
- Under 'New Business:' There are applications for "23 extensions of licensed premises — DeHart Associates," the LLC entity that owns the Walsh family-operated Tashmoo. Should be interesting.