What's going on at this week's Town Council meeting, scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. (following a brief Reorganization Meeting at 7 p.m.) at Town Hall? Funny you should ask that now, since that's what we're about to talk about.
Check out these five highlighted items from the meeting, as well as the included PDF of the entire agenda.
- Recognition: Remember Superstorm Sandy? Shudder to think. While Morristown fared much better than others (some of our Patch breatheren down the shore shifted responsibilities so they could write about Sandy-related matters all the time), it was still quite the trial. Amidst the chaos was the control of the Morristown Office of Emergency Management, under the coordination of OEM Coordinator Frank Somma. Mayor Tim Dougherty will present a Certificate of Recognition and Appreciation to Somma for his work.
- Recognition 2, Electric Boogaloo: Acting fire chief Robert Flanagan will present a plaque to Victor France for his years of service to the Volunteer Fire Division and as the 1st Assistant Chief with the Morristown Fire Department.
- Safe Streets: Anyone frequenting DeHart and Market streets will know that, at certain times of day, spaces where vehicles shouldn't be find a way to park in order to load and unload product for the many businesses in that area. A loading study of that area and has been commmissioned by Jonathan Rose Companies and town planner Phil Abramson, who is expected to present it at Tuesday's meeting.
- Housekeeping: A lot of contracts are scheduled to be awarded to various firms dealing with various things, including on-call planning, IT consulting and more. Take a gander at the long list if you're curious.
- No Fifth Item? The agenda, as it looks at the moment, is pretty straightforward. Still, you never know what will be spoken of during the public portion. If you want to have your say, make sure you get to the meeting on time.