It's Tuesday, and there was a council meeting two weeks ago. So, you know what that means: There's another council meeting coming up at 7:30 p.m. Town Hall, be there or be square.
Here is a look at just some of the items on the agenda. Click the included PDF for the whole enchilada.
- Every year, the American Cancer Society holds "Relay for Life" events in "communities across the globe [to] come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much." A presentation from members of the organization is expected to be held during the council meeting.
- Also on the agenda, there is a public hearing on Habitat for Humanity on a "Home Investment Partnership Program grant application." The program is administered by Morris County Community Development.
- The Morristown Office of Senior Services is looking to purchase a 14-passenger handicapped accessible van. There will be a public hearing on and consideration for adoption of a resolution authorizing an application for a Community Development Block Grant, totaling $62,600, for the purchase.
- An ordinance to amend town code to require the payment of development fees to be used for providing low and moderate income housing and establish the Town of Morristown Affordable Housing Trust Fund, is being considered at the council meeting.
- It may be cold in these winter months but it will be summer before you know it. Wouldn't you like a nice shade tree to sit under to get out of that brutal sun? Then perhaps you will be interested to know an ordinance under consideration at the meeting calls for the establishment of a Shade Tree Commission in Morristown.