It's Tuesday, so you know what that means. As long as it's the alternating Tuesday, it means it's time for Town Council to return to the dais. Head to Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. We'll be there, and so will these five agenda items.
- Once the Dust Settled: The dust has settled regarding Superstorm Sandy, at least for us here in Morristown. And, during Tuesday's meeting, officials will present an OEM overview on its impacts.
- Mark Your Calendars: In Morristown, it's a big deal. And now, you can officially mark your calendars for the next official Morris County Saint Patrick's Day Parade day, March 9, 2013, with a rain date of March 23, 2013.
- The 'Bribery Incident:' Our friends over at the Daily Record recently reported on the owner of a planned Portuguese BBQ on Spring Street and his apparent attempt to bribe the Morristown plumbing subcode official. Apparently, what he instead did—report the incident—was enough for the town to present both he and the electrical subcode official to be presented letters of commendation at the meeting.
- Making it Official: Patch . To mark the occasion official, Tuesday's agenda includes the person-to-person transfer of the bar's liquor license to Paul Haley, the new owner.
- Interested in Participating in Town Government? There are a number of council appointments coming, including for the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Parking Authority and Rent Leveling Board. These will be discussed at the meeting.