It's an alternating Tuesday again, which means it must be time for the next Town Council meeting, at 7:30 p.m. at .
Before you head over (or, if you're on the fence on whether or not to make the trek), check out a few items that are scheduled to be on the agenda (which, you can view in its entirety in the PDF included with this post).
- You Need to Know About CFO Redux: This seems strangely familiar. It was less than two months ago the town hired Richard Cahill, former chief financial officer of Woodbridge, to replace Bob Calise, who had left the role to take a state job. But, on the March 13 agenda under "Executive Session," there is an item of discussion regarding the appointment of "Ann M. Cucci as Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer." The agenda also notes this also may be discussed during the regular public portion of the meeting.
- You Need to Know About Office Space: No, not that Office Space, though it's still pretty good for a chuckle. An ordinance authorizing the leasing of office space at , via a May 2 public auction, is on the agenda.
- You Need to Know About the (Re) Name Game: Apparently, the portion of Martin Luther King Avenue that is "between Spring Street and Coal Avenue" has duplicate addresses to properties further down the road. So, an item on the agenda proposes the town rename that section Martin Luther King South (note: the agenda has a typo, referring to the changed name as "Mark Luther King South").
- You Need to Know About Sewer Repairs: Do you live on or near Abbett Avenue? Then Resolution R47-12 may be of interest to you, since it awards Jo-Med Contracting Corp., of Elizabeth, with a contract for Abbett Avenue sanitary sewer repairs, in an amount not to exceed $49,659.
- You Need to Know About 'Safe Routes to School:' Are you a fan of the "Safe Routes to School" program? Not sure what it is but curious? Then, councilman Stefan Armington's discussion of it, under "New Business," might be of interest to you.