Tonight's Town Council meeting meets at 7:30 p.m. at . Check out five items expected to be on the agenda, as well as our included PDF of the entire agenda, to see if there may be something you'd like to see live (as opposed to on Channel 24, for you FiOS subscribers out there).
- You Need to Know St. Patrick's Day is Getting Close: You know it's getting close when restaurants, such as , and , seek approval for one-day expansions of "licensed premises for outdoor alcoholic beverage service" on parade day.
- You Need to Know About Parking Restrictions: At least at certain locations along Elliot Street and Lake Road, as well as prohibition of stopping or standing during certain hours on Morris Street. Where on these roads, you ask? Come to the meeting and find out!
- You Need to Know About Lead Poisoning: Or, rather, how to screen for potential lead poisoning in children. A resolution on the agenda would authorize a "Memorandum of Agreement" with the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services for a Pilot Study, which would supply the town with a "Lead Care II Lead Screening Analyzer" for free, as well as free training.
- You Need to Know About Electronic Document Storage: Well, that doesn't sound very exciting. If you're into less waste, it may be more exciting than you think. A resolution on the agenda would allow a team of Rutgers New Jersey Quality Improvement Staff to meet with the Division of Health to offer assistance for developing and conducting "a quality improvement project for sustainability and electronic document storage."
- You Need to Know About Liquor License Transfers: We're not sure what this means–because it's not written very clearly–but it's still interesting: "Notice of receipt of filing of application for future consideration of liquor license Transfer. Michael Walsh for siting of in pocket license (previously issued to The Muse Restaurant) to Futbol Landia 4 Early Street." We are especially interested in the given address, since is currently on Speedwell Avenue. Is a move in the future?