Welcome to your abbreviated week, Morristown. We hope you enjoyed your Labor Day. We hope it was a relaxing way to say "farewell" to summer—unofficially, of course. We still have a couple weeks to go.
But, Labor Day isn't the only way autumn is apparently apparent. Remember the song, "See You in September?" We haven't been in school in years and it still gives shivers.
- Parents, this is your last chance to enjoy some daytime time with the young ones before they head back to school. "" is at noon Wednesday at . Bring a bag lunch and hang out in the gardens.
- On Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at , the Zoning Board of Adjustment will meet. It looks like a relatively light meeting this week, but you may still want to stop by if you're curious about the functions of town government.
- Thursday is a day to rejoice or mourn, depending on your point of view. That's because it's back to school time for the Morris School District. Patch will be out there in the morning to wish some of our students well, too!
- Looking to eat fresh at a fair price? continues its , Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Are you a lover of books seeking others with a like-minded affinity? Head over to the at 7 p.m. Thursday, for " Light refreshments will be served.