The 19th annual Morristown Festival on the Green will be held around the Green and several side streets in downtown Morristown Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
Morristown Partnership along with its community event sponsors, participating Morristown businesses and restaurants, and Morris County civic and non-profit organizations have planned a day where guests can experience the very best of the vibrant downtown of the Morris County seat. Upwards of 50,000 people discover and meet with over 100 exhibitors located around the Morristown Green and adjacent streets.
What Is There to do?
- The Heart of Gold Band will be featured on County College of Morris’ “Main Stage” at South Street and DeHart Street all day.
- Morristown Medical Center’s “Family Stage” at Morris Street and Dumont Place will feature Eyes of the Wild & Wallaby Tales at 12:15 p.m., Polka Dot Pals Band at 1:30 p.m., The Red Oak Lightning Bolts Competitive Jump Rope Team at 2:30 p.m., South Street Dance and School of Performing Arts at 3 p.m.
- Bayer HealthCare Speedway Racing at North Park Place at Speedwell Avenue features free open racing under a tent for all ages.
- Morristown Partnership Kids Place Children's Amusements on Speedwell Avenue features Bounce, Slide and Play all day.
- Morristown Partnership Roaming Entertainment includes Keith Leaf Amazing Juggler and Chris Chiappini Unicycle all day starting at 1 p.m.
- The Morris County Tourism Bureau & County of Morris has big events scheduled at the Washington Street Pocket Park at Schuyler Place and Washington Street.
- The Morris County Board of Freeholders have commissioned sand sculptor Matt Long to create Morris County’s largest football out of sand to generate enthusiasm for the upcoming football that will culminate in the first Super Bowl ever to be held in New Jersey in February 2014.
The NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee’s “Join the Huddle” mobile tour, which travels via the “Huddle Shuttle”, will be on hand as well. Fans attending can visit the Huddle Shuttle’s replica stadium locker room with NY Jets, NY Football Giants, Super Bowl, and Vince Lombardi memorabilia, as well as the Vince Lombardi Trophy Room and the broadcast booth. Fans can also participate in the stations outside the structure where they can perform a host of basic football drills.
- Ann/Bank Street Garage between Bank Street and Schuyler Place
- Dalton Parking Garage with entrance on Cattano Avenue
- DeHart Street Garage with entrances on Dehart Street and Maple Ave.
- Street Parking
What if I Skin My Knee?
All emergencies should be immediately reported to the Morristown Police Command Post/Morristown Ambulance Squad located at corner of E. Park Place and Speedwell Avenue. Both will be on-site all day for Emergency and First Aid needs.
What if I Lose Something?
Lost & Found? Lost person? Information? Come to the Morristown Partnership exhibit tent located on the corner of N. Park Place and Market Street in front of the 40 Park building.
What if it Rains?
Buck up, buttercup! The festival is on rain or shine! So grab a poncho or umbrella and head downtown.
Although the event begins Sunday afternoon, the area will be closed off to motor vehicle traffic from 9 p.m. Saturday night until 1 a.m. Monday morning.