Historic Speedwell Village
Historic Speedwell Village is an authentic swath of land preserved from the 19th century. There are buildings with artifacts from the era, as well as a permanent exhibition on inventor Alfred Vail. The site was the location of the first use of a telegraph.
- Hours: April-October: 10am-5pm (Wednesday through Saturday)
- Handicap Accessible: Buildings are located on street level
- Ticket information: See Web site
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: This was the site of the first public demonstration of the telegraph.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual