The Morristown & Morris Township Library serves residents of the two communities. Residents can borrow books, eBooks, audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs and much more for adults, teens and children. Online, library card holders can download free eBooks or use the many research databases with their library cards. Visit the North Jersey History and Genealogy Center for local history information or ask a reference question in the library's newly-restored, historic reference reading room. Check out the Library’s website for regular programs for adults, children and teens at www.jfpl.org.
- Hours: Mon.-Thu. 9am-9pm; Fri. 9am-6pm; Sat. 9:30am-5pm (Sat. 10am-2pm in Jul.-Aug.); Sun. 1-5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: 1792 (first library in Morristown); 1812 (Morristown Library Assoc.); 1866 (Morristown Library and Lyceum); 1965 (Joint Library with Morristown and Morris Township)
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Size of collection: 230,000
- Specialties: Local History and Genealogy Collection: 30,000 volumes, more than 10,000 maps and surveys, 15,000 photographs and postcards, and approximately 1,000 linear feet of manuscript collections of family, institutional and business records.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases
- Internet use policy: Free wi-fi throughout the building and internet computer stations
- Programs/classes: The Library does regular adult and children's programming including workshops, book clubs, lectures series, movie showings, computer training classes and other programs. See the events calendar at www.jfpl.org for more information.
- Wi-Fi: Free