The Presbyterian Church in Morristown
The Presbyterian Church in Morristown began in 1733. The Congregation split in 1840, leading one faction to form a church on South Street, the other to remain on the Green. In 1925, the two congregations joined together and formed The Presbyterian Church in Morristown. Dr. James Howard, pastor of the South Street Church, led the reunited congregation as one congregation.
After reuniting, the congregation gathered at the Church on the Green. The members established offices and educational facilities in the South Street building and, in 1948, renamed it the Parish House, which is located at 65 South Street, Morristown.
Visit the church's website for a complete list of upcoming events and information about church youth groups.
- Fax: 973-538-7879
- Hours: Services: Sun, 9:15 and 11 am; Wed, noon Office Hours: Weekdays 9 am - 5 pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1733
- What makes this community special?: Grounded in history - reaching to the future. We welcome everyone.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Congregation size: 900
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes